Tumblelog by Soup.io
Newer posts are loading.
You are at the newest post.
Click here to check if anything new just came in.

January 27 2016



Hiram Lewis  and Datatronwebhosting.com have Free Lance Boards that allow developers from all across the country the opportunity to create jobs for themselves online.

Any claim relating to Datatronwebhosting.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri without regard to its conflict of law provisions.

General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.

Privacy Policy

Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, Hiram Lewis and Datatron have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. The following outlines our privacy policy.

Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.

We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.

We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. Myselfiescore.com is a subsidiary of Datatron Web Hosting and has been online since 2015. Myselfiescore.com is a photo sharing online selfie dating site.

We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.

Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.

Hiram Lewis CEO of Datatronwebhosting.com will see to it that your personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.

January 26 2016


How to apply for section 8 online

A section 8 application must be obtained at your local housing authority when applications are being accepted. Most housing authorities allow their applicants to apply online for housing in order to avoid long lines and an overwhelming turnout when a section 8 waiting list opens.  Public housing and the low income housing application can be found online as well, usually for the same precautions.

What is the Housing Choice / Project Based Voucher Program, otherwise known as "Section 8"?

"Section 8" is a common name for the Housing-Choice and Project-Based Voucher Programs, funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. A Section 8 application for this program, is also a part of the Housing Act of 1937 (42 U.S.C. § 1437f) as repeatedly amended, authorizes the payment of rental housing assistance to private landlords on behalf of approximately 3.1 million low-income households in the United States. The largest part of the section is the Housing Choice Voucher program which pays a large portion of the rents and utilities of about 2.1 million households. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development manages the Section 8 programs.

The Housing Choice Voucher Program provides "tenant-based" rental assistance, so a tenant can move from one unit of at least minimum housing quality to another.

Section 8 also authorizes a variety of "project-based" rental assistance programs, under which the owner reserves some or all of the units in a building for low-income tenants, in return for a federal government guarantee to make up the difference between the tenant's contribution and the rent in the owner's contract with the government. A tenant who leaves a subsidized project will lose access to the project-based subsidy.

Who can tell me how to apply for Section 8 Assistance?

Housing Choice Vouchers allow low-income families to choose and lease safe, decent, and affordable privately-owned rental housing. Because the demand is often overwhelming, you may only apply when a waitlist is open. You do not need to reside or work in the City that has a waitlist opening in order to apply.

If I have a voucher, can I still move to another city?

Yes. Moving into another Housing Authority's jurisdiction is possible. Please contact your initial (current) Housing Authority to begin the process. Click here for more information. It really depends on the housing authorities preferences as to whether or not they allow someone from out of town to move there and partake in their voucher program.

For some housing authorities, before they can apply for section 8, applicants are deemed eligible based on income and a background check to include previous landlords, a police check, and a credit check. Applicants will be placed on the waiting lists in order of date and time received. Eligible applicants will be required to move into one of the available properties owned/managed by the Colorado Springs Housing Authority.

January 21 2016


How do I apply for Section 8

Housing authorities vary in how they run their section 8 housing program and how to apply for section 8. Below is how it works in Boston:

Application Process

Boston Housing Authority (BHA) processes over 10,000 new applications every year. There are thousands more applicants than there are available housing units – so the waiting lists can be very long. It is difficult to predict the time between applying and receiving a housing offer.

After the application is submitted, there is a personal interview process. At that time, BHA will be better able to estimate your waiting time. The waiting period can depend on many things including current housing situation, priorities and preferences. Based on these considerations, some applicants that have learned how to apply for section 8, may get a housing offer earlier than others.

BHA does not provide immediate housing, nor does it provide short-term or shelter housing.

Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility

Housing eligibility varies by program. Read the Housing Eligibility section for program requirements.

Step 2: Find the Location(s) Where You Want to Live

BHA strongly encourages visiting the neighborhoods and properties in order to make the right decision for yourself and your family. Learn more about the Public Housing and Leased Housing/Section 8 Rental Assistance communities you might like to live in.

Use this tool to get a general sense of the communities which might be appropriate for your family.

Don’t apply for a community in which you don’t want to live!  If you reject an offer of housing, you won’t get another choice.

Step 3: Attend an Application Briefing Session

To apply for housing with BHA, you must attend one of our Informational Application Briefing Sessions. Briefings are held in the John F. Murphy Housing Service Center at 56 Chauncy Street, Downtown Boston.

Briefings are held Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 11 a.m. and are open to any interested applicants. You do not need to reserve a spot. Please arrive 15 minutes early. If you would like to complete your application during the briefing, please make sure that you have brought all necessary information and are ready to apply for section 8 online or at your housing authority. Due to limited space, only one person per household may attend, unless you are attending with an interpreter.

If you cannot attend for a medical reason, an application can be mailed to you. You must provide a written statement from your medical care provider outlining the reason you are unable to apply in person.

Come prepared. Be sure to bring these things with you.

Step 4. Submit Your Application

You may submit your application after attending the Application Briefing Session. If you need more time to collect information, you can return your application on any Tuesday or Wednesday from 2 to 4:30 p.m. at:

Boston Housing Authority
John F. Murphy Housing Service Center
56 Chauncy Street
Boston, MA 02111
First Floor



In order to apply for section 8 online, most Leased Housing/Section 8 Rental Assistance programs, applicants must qualify for status.


Step 5: Confirmation of Preliminary Eligibility

Your application will be processed within 12 weeks of submitting it to BHA. You will receive a preliminary eligibility letter stating the waiting lists on which your household has been placed. This letter will also list the priorities and preferences which you claimed, and your unique client number.

Here are some things to think of if or when you plan to apply for section 8 online or at the PHA.

Step 6: Final Eligibility Screening

When you reach this step (referred to as “screening” or “determination of final eligibility” by BHA), BHA will mail you a letter with an interview date and time. This letter will outline the required forms to be completed and a list of verifying documents to bring to the interview. You are required to bring the completed and signed forms to the interview which will be reviewed by the assigned BHA staff with the applicant.

Step 7: Receiving a Housing Offer

Public Housing: Once an appropriate Public Housing unit is available, you will receive a written housing offer with a response deadline by which you must accept or reject the offer. You will have the opportunity to view the apartment and meet the site staff prior to accepting an offer. This requires a different application as it is not the same if you want to apply for section 8 online.  Public housing is a different program.

Project-Based or Moderate Rehabilitation: When you receive an offer for the Project-Based Voucher or Moderate Rehabilitation programs, you will be required to contact the owner or manager to participate in their screening process. If you fail to respond to the owner or manager to schedule their screening interview, or to complete the owner’s screening process, or you reject the housing offer, your application will be withdrawn from all Project-Based and Moderate Rehabilitation waiting lists.

When a Section 8 landlord terminates a lease, or refuses to renew subsidy, the housing agency should continue to pay its portion of the rent until the eviction process is completed (including any appeal of an eviction case or any stay of execution) or until you move. There may be cases, however, where the housing agency stops paying its subsidy or terminates its contract with the owner because the owner has failed to make repairs. Finding a new tenant may take time as some can be on a waiting list for years after completing a section 8 application You are not responsible for the housing authority's share of the rent if this happens. However, the housing agency may require you to relocate with your voucher in order to continue receiving assistance. If you are being evicted for a reason that is your fault, the HA that administers the HUD housing applicationmay refuse to issue you a voucher to relocate if it thinks there are grounds to terminate your assistance. This may happen because the landlord is claiming that you violated your lease. If this happens, contact a local legal services program or community action agency to see if they can help you.

HUD and low income housing

If you want to know how to apply for section 8 in New York, there are a lot of online resources. The most reliable resource however, would be from your local housing authority.

You can easily update or verify information and check on the status of your application.

As an applicant, you can:

  • view your current application status;
  • view your eligibility interview date;
  • view your Section 8 briefing date;
  • confirm your eligibility;
  • verify if you have been certified to a public housing development waiting list;
  • update your mailing address, home address and phone numbers; and
  • update information on your current application, such as reason for applying and borough of preference.

To use the NYCHA Self-Service Portal you must:

  • have tried to apply for section 8 or public housing or Section 8 with the New York City Housing Authority;
  • have an active Section 8 voucher;
  • be the person listed as the head of household on the public housing or Section 8 application/voucher; and
  • have a valid e-mail address and Social Security number

According to a housing authority: The Housing Authority administers over 11,000 vouchers under the HCV program which assists very low-income families in renting decent, safe and sanitary rental units available on the open market.

Anyone can apply for section 8 that is a U. S. citizen and meets the HUD medium income guidelines.

The families pay a portion of their income toward rent and the Housing Authority, with funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, pays the remainder. The rental unit must pass regular inspections and the rental amount must be approved, but the family chooses where to live. 

Apply for Housing Choice Voucher

The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV/formerly Section 8) Tenant Based Wait List is currently closed.

Notice of Other Open and Closed Wait Lists

Wait lists for the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Public Housing (CNV) Program will be open or closed for selected sites and bedroom units effective Monday, October 21, 2013 at 5 p.m., until further notice. 

Click here to see the list of sites and bedroom units. Apply online for open wait lists using any device with Internet access at www.sacwaitlist.com.

Participation in the Housing Choice Voucher Program requires a pre-application to be submitted to determine eligibility for the program. Pre-applicants are placed on a wait list and are contacted when a housing unit for which they are eligible becomes available. Other requirements must be met in order to be eligible for public housing.

A criminal background and landlord reference check is required prior to admission into the program.

Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the HCV Program.

Click here to find out about other housing opportunities and wait lists.

Additional information about the application process and how to apply for section 8 online is available below.

Informal Hearing Process

When the Housing Authority determines that an applicant has not met the requirements for the program, the family will be notified of the Housing Authorities decision in writing. The notice will contain:
  • The reason(s) they are ineligible 
  • The procedure for requesting a review if the applicant does not agree with the decision
  • The time limit for requesting a review.
The applicant will be given the option of presenting oral or written reasons why they disagree with the decision of the Housing Authority. Both the Housing Authority and the family may present evidence and witnesses. The family may use an attorney or other representative to assist them at their own expense.
As a reasonable accommodation, the review may be conducted by telephone.
After the review has been completed the family will be notified in writing of the Housing Authority's decision. The notice shall include the decision and an explanation of the reasons for the decision.

For more information about the Housing Choice Voucher program and a low income housing application, contact the Housing Authority at (916) 440-1390 or email intake@shra.org.

The Section 8 Housing Program Application

Section 8 is a government rental assistance program. One must apply for section 8 by completing a section 8 application at their housing authority.

What is the Section 8 Voucher program?
Section 8 is a government-funded program that helps low-income households pay the rent on private, market-rate rental units.

How does it work?
After you receive a voucher from a Housing Authority (click to see the map), you search and find a unit (within certain requirements). The rent you will pay will be 30% to 40% of your household’s adjusted gross income. A PHAwill pay a portion of the rent directly to the property. If you move, the voucher moves with you. To qualify and fill out a section 8 application for a Section 8 voucher, you must fall within HUD's income limits.
* Example of rent at 30% of income: Household with one full-time worker at $7.25/hour might pay $348 per month.

How do I apply for Section 8?

Although the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds the Section 8 program, it is administered by local housing authorities or other affiliated organizations. You will need to contact the HA where you want to live to fill out a section 8 application and get on a Section 8 Voucher waiting list (should one of the waiting lists be open). Waiting lists for vouchers are often long or closed. HousingLink cannot tell you about your individual status on a waiting list, but we do maintain a list of which housing authorities have waiting list openings.

Do I qualify?

To qualify for a Section 8 voucher, you must fall within Minnesota’s income limits.

The Section 8 Program was enacted as part of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974. It is designed to provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing for very low income families while maintaining their rent payments at an affordable level.

The section 8 application is for subsidized housing that isn't owned by the HACFL. Instead, a Section 8 unit is owned by an independent landlord who has entered into an agreement with the HACFL to accept rent subsidy payments from the HACFL.

When your household is accepted into the HACFL's Section 8 program, you receive a Housing Choice Voucher. The voucher represents a contractual agreement between you and the HACFL, specifying the rights and responsibilities of each party. You will be scheduled for a briefing session, which you must attend to receive your voucher. At this briefing session, you will receive all necessary information and forms. We will explain to you:

  • methods used to calculate the assistance payment you will receive
  • payment standards and utility allowances
  • guidance to assist you in selecting a unit
  • boundaries of the geographical area within which the HACFL operates

Once you have been issued a voucher, you have 60 days to find a unit suitable for your family whose landlord is a participant in the HACFL's Section 8 application for their program. Within that time period, you must submit a Request for Lease Approval (RFLA) to the HACFL. This RFLA contains the details of the lease for the unit into which you want to move. Once the HACFL approves the lease, you are accepted into the HACFL's Section 8 program and the HACFL begins providing rent subsidy payments to your landlord.

I have a voucher. How do I find a place that will accept it?

  • You still have to apply for a unit at a rental property. Some properties may choose not to accept vouchers.
  • Read more about section 8 online to begin searching for available units.
  1. Select the counties and/or cities where you can use your voucher.
  2. Click "Search".
  3. On the Search Results page, click on the "Section 8 Voucher Accepted" column heading.
  4. Contact any of the listings with a red check mark.
  • The housing authority will give you guidelines that identify an eligible rent amount.
  • Most properties will require a credit, criminal, and rental history check.
  • The unit must pass an inspection before you can move in and the subsidy payments can start.
  • Older posts are this way If this message doesn't go away, click anywhere on the page to continue loading posts.
    Could not load more posts
    Maybe Soup is currently being updated? I'll try again automatically in a few seconds...
    Just a second, loading more posts...
    You've reached the end.

    Don't be the product, buy the product!